McCleary, WA. (May 12, 2020) – Are you tired of hearing about how we are living in unprecedented times? It’s fair to say that we are all ready to get back racing and the 3rd Annual Ryan Villopoto Amateur Motocross Cup (RV Cup) at Grays Harbor ORV Park is preparing for everyone to attend June 19th-21st.
“With the financial strain being placed on most businesses and families, we decided to reduce the number of days for the event in 2020,” said Tom Shields, Managing Director of the RV Cup. “We are no stranger to revenue being lost from our great sponsors. This is why we decided to support our race families by the changes. What will NOT change at the RV Cup is the long motos and demanding track.”
Changes for the 2020 RV Cup include:
- The online registration price has been reduced.
- Early registration date will change to a later date, June 16th.
- The gate admission price has been reduced.
- Timed practice has been changed in favor of the standard practice.
- Practice moves from Thursday to Friday morning as part of the entry fee.
- Adding two new Peewee E-bike classes and the popular Yamaha PW Oil-Injected Shaft class.
- The RV Cup is the only AMA “Featured” event for the Pacific Northwest.
- COVID-19 rules will take effect as per the Department of National Resource (DNR) in Washington state.
- Please have exact change when entering Grays Harbor and registration.
“I feel lucky that I can help bring the RV Cup to my home state,” said Ryan Villopoto. “I told Tom Shields four years ago to give me two years and Grays Harbor would be ready for such an event. The work that Brent Davis has put into the track surface offers the roughest, safest, most competitive course in Washington in my opinion. With racing being affected in such a dramatic way this year, the Cup will be the only AMA amateur motocross title event in the west.”
Online registration opened on May 1st. To help encourage no-contact transactions, the RV Cup early registration will remain open through June 16th. If for some unforeseen reason the state changes course and does not allow the RV Cup to happen, we will not charge anyone the $20 refund fee due to COVID-19.